Running time: 59 minutes
A cancer treatment centre, added to an existing hospital, is the fourth of Pidgeon's Building Case Studies, in which the development of a building is discussed by all those concerned with its design and construction.
The main requirements of the project related to the shortest time-scale to bring the centre on stream in 1993, at the same time using the most advanced equipment and diagnosis. The building won a RIBA Award in 1993.
The discussion took place in Powell Moya Partnership's Chelsea office, hence some background sounds. The speakers were:
• Roger Burr, Architect Partner, Powell Moya Partnership
• Andrew Mason, Project Architect, Powell Moya Partnership
• Jeremy Leyer, Landscape Architect
• Chris Baxter, Services Engineer, R.W. Gregory
• Ian W. Menzies, Structural Engineer, Charles Weiss Partnership
• Gerald Stone, Project Manager, AYH Health
• Anthony Field, Quantity Surveyor, AYH Partnership
• Wendy Pitts, Project Manager, J. Mowlem Construction
Please note that a transcript of this talk is available - please contact us for further details.
When you purchase a talk from Pidgeon Digital, you can watch it up to 10 times in a 72 hour period. You will receive an email with a link to your talk once it's been purchased. Please check your junk mail if you have not received it or contact us if you have any problems.
Do you want to purchase this talk for £5.00?